Young people in the CICC South and North groups, 8 young people in total, were asked to do a consultation by the learning and development team for social care.
The team were designing a training course for social workers and wanted to have young people’s voice in it, giving social workers a better understanding of…
“What makes you know you are settled in a placement or home”?
Young people said…There were key things that made you feel settled in a home or new placement, these were:
- Decorating your room how you like it
- Feeling comfortable, safe and secure
- Having fridge access when you want
- Having a daily routine
- A comforting smell about the home
- Being able to talk about your feelings and thoughts with your carer
- Trusting your carer
- Having fun with your carer
- Reaching agreements with your carer
- Having your own things around you