We all know that the internet, as with anything, will always be misused with negative consequences. But as young people we know better than most the positive impact it can have on our lives and the lives of our local communities. Whether introducing you to communities of people with similar interests, or offering a comfortable environment to make friends, the internet can be one of the best aspects of our lives. Whether you like it or not, it’s also inescapable.
So as its ‘Safer Internet Day’ we as Youth Cabinet wanted to emphasise the positives of the internet, whilst at the same time giving our top tips for how to stay safe online.
- Check your privacy setting
- Stranger danger – don’t add people you don’t know
- Don’t share indecent images
- Location settings – Don’t tag current – protect your back
- Screenshot then block – when something nasty happens protect yourself from harm
- Better Late, than never, it is never to late to report something – Stay safe on the internet!
St Phillip Howard school students debate online Safety
Find out more about being safe online
Read more blogs from the West Sussex Youth Cabinet
Find out more about the West Sussex Youth Cabinet
Categories: News, Youth Cabinet
Leave a Reply