The Takeover Challenge puts young people into decision-making positions and encourages organisations and businesses to hear their views. Children gain a valuable insight into the adult world and gain experience of a workplace, while organisations benefit from a fresh perspective on their work.
It is a national day and this year is on 24th November, however takeover challenges happen throughout the year.
We have worked with professionals here at West Sussex County Council to give lots of young people the opportunity to take over a professionals role and we have some blogs and pictures about their day below:
- West Sussex County Council Comms Team gets taken over – Read blog.
- West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service – Resilience & Emergencies Team gets taken over – Read blog.
- Working with SEND Team – Read blog.
- Spending time with Central Operations – Read blog.
- Taking over Petworth Primary School – Read blog.
- Becoming Head Teacher for the Day at St Phillip Howard – Read blog.
- Spending the day with a Health Adviser – Read blog.
Links to these blogs will be updated throughout the day so keep you eyes peeled on social media.
More information about Takeover Challenge can be found on the main Children’s Commissioner website.